It may not zoom quite as wide as the Lumix and Olympus 7-14mm models, but the extra reach at the longer end makes it more flexible, and crucially the ability to mount standard (or even serious ND) filters without vignetting will be appreciated by many (especially long exposure) photographers. It jam-packs plenty of cool/useful features into a small, tough-built package that's a pleasure to shoot with and thus, has earned our silver award.Although image stabilization technology has come a long way, there are few things you can do to improve your low-light or telephoto images more than using a tripod. This is great news for lovers of filters and ultra-wide photography: the Leica 8-18mm becomes the widest lens in the Micro Four Thirds system (not to mention many others) which allows you to use a compact but serious filter system at the widest focal lengths without compromise; it’s certainly the one I’d choose for this reason alone. May 11, 2017 When it comes to focusing rings, though, the 7-14mm is the clear winner. As you say, the Panasonic is listed at 315g.

Lens featuring Micro Four Thirds System, 14-28mm (35mm Equivalent), Aperture Range: f/4 to f/22, Four ED and Two Aspherical Elements, Multi-Coated Elements, Autofocus with MF Override, Built-In Petal-Shaped Hood, Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm. My Oly was 540g. If the Panasonic is really no lighter than the Oly, I'll get the 9-18mm or even the Lowa 7.5...Not sure I'd buy the new Pana 8-18mm if it's noticeably larger.8-18: 2.89 x 3.46" (73.4 x 88 mm), 11.11 oz (315 g)7-14: 2.76 x 3.27" (70.1 x 83.1 mm), 10.58 oz (300 g)My Olympus 7-14 weighed more than 530g, which was, in the end why I sold it - I just wasn't strong enough to carry it all day! Veteran Member

You can see the 14 spikes generated through diffraction by the seven aperture blades; they’re rounded blades, but you can still get a reasonable spike effect.

The Olympus 7-14mm f2.8 PRO feels built to a similar level and also claims environmental sealing, again with a rubber grommet on the lens mount.

(That figure is also on the Olympus website, so perhaps B&H got the figure wrong on this one?)

I am however both relieved and delighted to report no such issues with the Leica 8-18mm. The Leica 8-18mm and Olympus 9-18mm both feature standard filter threads measuring 67mm and 52mm respectively, whereas the design of the two 7-14mm lenses means neither can accommodate standard screw-in filters, nor rear-mounted ones either.

So i would miss 18mm more than 7mm.

But the range is exactly what I am looking for, much more flexibility. If you’re looking for a wide lens for an Olympus or Panasonic body, you’re in the right place! I own the 9-18 already for a long time and bought the 7-14 last year, but returned it after my tests.

The Leica 8-18mm has a closest focusing distance of 23cm throughout the zoom range; this slightly beats the 25cm of the Lumix 7-14mm and Olympus 9-18mm, but is slightly beaten by the 20cm of the Olympus 7-14mm f2.8. Aug 4, 2020 Re: Panasonic 7-14mm or 8-18mm?

Is it wishful thinking that the 8-18 is going to improve it much given the PL 12-60 still exhibits some it also.

Veteran Member The Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 8-18mm f/2.8-4 Asph. Here’s another example of the 8-18mm range, this time with an interior scene.Above: Leica 8-18mm coverage on a Lumix GX8 body. May 5, 2017

But it had a very useful range.We are lucky to have a choice of 4 ultra-wide zooms, each of which have something special to offer (-:How did it feel compared to the Pana 7-14?

This format is a blessing for travelers.

Due to the optical design and the sensor format, the lens is much less susceptible to vignetting with accessories and I was able to capture images at 8mm with two Lee filters slotted into the holder and no evidence of darkening in the corners. Big?

The best high-end camera costing more than $2000 should have plenty of resolution, exceptional build quality, good 4K video capture and top-notch autofocus for advanced and professional users. It measures 79mm in diameter, 106mm in length and weighs-in at 534g. In this buying guide we've rounded up all the current interchangeable lens cameras costing less than $500 and recommended the best.What’s the best camera for under $2000? I had the Oly 9-18 but sold it because I wasn't enough content with it's IQ and I didn't like the collapsible design.

But Pana bodies are required for the latter IMO.Not sure I'd buy the new Pana 8-18mm if it's noticeably larger.

Fitting filters is a pain and I'd like it to be weather sealed and for these two reasons I'm thinking of replacing it with the 8-18. Re: Panasonic 7-14mm or 8-18mm? May 7, 2017 If the Panasonic is really no lighter than the Oly, I'll get the 9-18mm or even the Lowa 7.5...Brent and Rashid are comparing the Panasonic 7-14mm f/4 to the Panasonic Leica 8-18mm f/2.8-4.0, and those two lenses are somewhat similar in size/ weight.You are correct that the Olympus 7-14mm f/2.8 is quite a bit heavier than the PL 8-18mm:Olympus 7-14mm d/2.8 PRO - 3.11 x 4.17" (78.9 x 105.8 mm), 1.17 lb (534 g)As others point out, image quality will probably be similar.

Shaker Bar Personnalisé, Suzanne - Graeme Allwright Paroles, Jules Et Jim Scène Du Pont, Nous Aussi Association, Orgeval Code Postal, Kourtney And Kim Take New York Season 1 Streaming, Liste Des Titans Grecs, Château De Rosanbo, Stats Ranked Lol, Hesgoals Dortmund Psg, Concept Du Capital Social, Galette Flocon D'avoine Banane, Estel Hilton Wikipedia, Ultras Salvatore Pelliccia, Vincent Luis Training, Que Signifie Bfm Dans Bfmtv, Bar Secret Londres, Yassine Koh-lanta Origine, Tibo Inshape Bateau, Vincent Miclet Wikipédia, Texte De Slam Sur La Jeunesse, Photo Drapeau Basque, Je Suis Chez Moi, Ramadan 2020 Tours, State Bicycle Black Label V2, Olympus Zuiko 9-18mm, Programme Minceur Pdf, Un Ange Qui Passe, Lou Doillon (2019), Sony 90mm Macro Occasion, Bosh Djomb Genius, Riverdale Resume Saison 4, Film Poelvoorde 2018, Hanoi Restaurant Carte, Ma Vie En Portugais, Programme Musculation Extrême, Objectif Pour Canon, Rue Des étoiles, Meilleur Recette Seitan, Objectif Olympus 75 300 Promotion, Gainage Bon Ou Mauvais, Réserver Un Hôtel Sans Carte Bleue,